Followers

4/15/2012

Birthday card

Good evening. I have a birthday card to post this evening. I'm basically happy with the way it turned out, but once I saw it enlarged, I find a few things I could have done better (I'm my own worst critic!). I decided to post it anyway, as part of my reason for this blog, was to see improvement over time, areas I 'need to' improve, etc. So here goes: background is a cling "vintage map" - Stampabilities (H/Lobby). The ship is a small stamp I got in a stamp lot sale, no ID on the stamp. I used Antique Linen & Bundled Sage directly on the background stamp, prior to stamping on white c/s. Then I used the distress tool to sponge on more of those colors around the edges,  adding a bit of Vintage Photo in the corners. I stamped the ship onto the background with Broken China. It looked too flat so I stamped the ship once more, cut it out, used Glossy Accents to give some shine, popped it up. I should have edged the image with Broken China prior to adding the pop dots. The base cardstock is a 'olive green-y/brownish' sort of color that was in a Recollections pack - I liked this color with the background image. The navy blue was from the same pack, and I used a Fiskars punch (think it's called waves) for the border. I needed a masculine sort of card for this birthday. Was undecided about putting the Birthday Sentiment on the front of the card, but finally added it; cut the 'V' shape in each end, then distressed it with Antique Linen & Bundled sage. Added a couple light green rhinestones, and called it done!  Have not added an insert yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment