Followers

4/24/2012

Sympathy

Good morning. After a cool night the sun is shining and it's so pretty outside. I always enjoy a sunny day.  I have yet another sympathy card to share. The emboss folder was a C/Bug Plus - Carly -. I love the cut-out oval. I had colored up a little pot of spring flowers, and thought it would make a pretty focal point for this cardfront. Another neighbor has lost his Mom after an extended illness, so I was glad I had some supplies ready to get a card made. I hope this need for Sympathy cards passes....I don't remember the stamp name, but if you want to know, leave a comment, & I'll look it up. The image is colored with Copics. I'm debating whether to put a sentiment on the front, but I think I'll just put the sentiment on the inside. All cardstock used is lightweight as I find it embosses better for me. Candee (http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/ ) gave a tip to use 2 pieces of c/stock when embossing with the lightweight c/s. The folder won't cut through the top layer and additionally, you get a second emboss for another card. That's a great tip, but I forgot to do it here, and the folder did cut too heavily. It's not noticeable once I adhered the white to the pale blue, but it's a good tip to remember. I have one more Sympathy card to get mailed out, and I used this same design for it, changed it up just a bit. I'll post that one later, and then hope to get back to 'happier' cards. Have a great day, and thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Mary! Beautiful design and coloring. I hope you get to move on from the sympathy cards. Always seems to come in threes or more for me as well, always so sad.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete