Followers

5/09/2012

Thank You

There's a Thank You card for this evening. I had to pull a card together rather quickly, and fortunately I had some images of the Magenta 3F154-J that I  had colored with copic markers, and die cut with a Spellbinder Large Label #4 die. I used a purple mat from a small piece leftover from another project.Then matted with a piece of Bazzill textured olive color c/stock, diecut with the largest S/Binder Large Label die, #5. The cardbase is from lightweight cream cardstock, which was run through the Electric Big Shot using SU Textured Impressions Square Lattice embossing folder. This looked too 'white' (even though it was cream colored) against the image, so I used a sponge that had 'brown' on it from previous uses. There was just enough ink left on this sponge without reinking it, to give me exactly the color I wanted. Cut a small strip of the olive Bazzill, scored on the edges using the Score Buddy. The Thank You was some rub-ons, and it was a little difficult to apply this, as it did not want to go down properly. This card will be in the mail tomorrow to a dear friend who has sent us a magazine subscription. Until the third time we received it, and happened to notice on the mailing label the notice "Gift from .....", we thought we were just getting the 'promo copies' that are sent to old subscribers. So we need to make some very humble apologies for taking so long to say our thank you's. Think I'll see if I can go to Pixie's Playground with this one...
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/pixies-crafty-snippets-challenge-19.html

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty thank you card. Come for a whizz on the roundabout xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and delicate. You can almost see the flowers swaying in the bereeze. Been raining here most of the day and quite heavily at times too.
    I think we need to ask pixie for a shelter so we can sit in the dry. I hate rain drops going down the back of my neck!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shelter sounds like a fine idea. We can sit & watch the raindrops. Love to smell the rain when it first starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary this is stunning and elegant! Love all the texture and fab colors.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete