Followers

8/14/2012

Birds and flowers

Thanks for stopping by this afternoon, and a Big Welcome to my newest follower. Does everyone get as excited as I do, when you see a new face in the Follower tab? I see so many blogs with hundreds of followers, and wonder, how does the blogger know there is a new person who is interested in what they are doing? Anyway, I have a card to share, part of which was done before my 'puny days'. I had been experimenting with a new folder (believe it is Sizzix, but not positive). It's done on cream cardstock, but looks white in the picture.The embossed/folded piece was on my desk, so when I finished coloring the bird, it was easily drafted into a card. Not sure yet as to what sentiment will go inside. Believe I'll keep the front as it is. The bird and flower stamp is a Stacy Stamp I've had for a while. I had some images already stamped, which I colored while lolling in the recliner many weeks ago. I think I had 4 images  on the paper, and I colored each one differently, just experimenting with the copic colors. I started with a Golden Finch coloration, but then decided, Hey, it 'could be' a bluebird. Used a S/binder circle to cut out the image using the 'out-of-the-box' technique on one of the dogwood blossoms. The branch is a MS twig punch on some green paper that was handy. Could this be a snippet??? I don't see a current invite to join the ladies in the playground...bummer...but I'd have to watch them having fun without joining in. Howsomever, I did get an offer of something nice to drink if I showed up...hmmmm...Hope you like the card. I'm trying to get back in the swing. Addendum: I forgot to mention, I had stamped the images onto a piece of cardstock, not paying attention. This was NOT done on Neenah or my favorite Copic Xpress. Despite the bleeding on the back, I still was ok with the result. However, it is a mistake I will be careful to not make again. There is just no way to describe the difference on coloring/blending on quality cardstock when compared with a 'generic' cardstock.

PS again! Pixie kindly wrote to tell me that the playground activity is still going on and since I have what could be termed some 'snippets', (pre-made embossed card waiting to be used, and precolored image...waiting for a card), well, I must dash over & see if the ladies will at least let me sit quietly while they are on the slides. I hope the offer of a nice drink-y still holds. .

6 comments:

Di said...

Hi Mary - fabulous! It's a snippet make alright and Mr Linky was posted on Sunday 12th August so if you follow my email you should be fine to link.

Such a pretty card and the stamp (and your colouring) is gorgeous!

Now, I really must go to bed! ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

This is a cracker. Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Lynne said...

Beautiful card.
Lynne xxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Ooh that's LOVELY Mary xxx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful colour combo and that stamp is lovely. Was thinking I'd just sit quietly in the paddling pool. come and join me if you like x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Such a pretty card, Mary. I'm still bringing drinks, but you still have to promise you won't get too woooozy and try and go down the slide!! All in good time!