Followers

9/21/2012

Class Cards

Impression Obsession Class Sample
Happy Friday! Even though I've been retired for a while \ Friday is still a day I seem to await with anticipation. Our week has been busy...so I'm ready for the weekend, even though nothing much is planned. Today I had PTherapy, then spent most of the remainder of the day, checking Visa receipts against the statement, balancing the checkbook, filing, etc. (Bookwork is my definition of these chores and I procrastinate until the last minute). Anyway all I have left on this particular agenda is to fill out some prescription forms for the mailorder company, then the bookwork will be done for a bit. So, here's another Class Sample card from the Impression Obsession-Paper Cuts Class. The basecard was white, with the rectangular cutout. The overlay was dark navy blue, also with the cutout. We used a very good white ink with a swirl CAC, and I think there was only one CAC used on this one. (I can't remember...and when I look at the card, I only see the swirls on it). Then we stamped the sentiment, very easy to do on the insert behind the rectangles. The beautiful snowflakes are a new Impression Obsession die, cut with the mirror holograph paper, which is a bit thickish. I wondered if these would cut well, but they DID. All the little bits didn't drop out, but it was quite easy to poke them out, as they had 'cut' well, just still 'stuck'. It's when you have to use an exacto knife to finish the cut, that I get a bit frustrated with some of the dies. It's tedious, and when I've done it, the finished effect always looks ragged to me. These dies did cut smoothly, and we did shim. I liked them well enough that I bought this one, and a few more on class night. At the convention next day, I managed to snarf a few more. (It's rather hard to see, but there is a blue organza ribbon with bow, at the top of the card. The lighter blue is the scanner bed. The white edge is the finished card). So thanks for the visit this afternoon, and have a great evening. See ya later.

5 comments:

  1. This is a real beauty, Mary! You ended up being very productive at convention!

    Thanks for the info on the IO die. I will check those out. I love the Memory Box dies, but can't ever seem to get the "sandwich" right and have it cut precisely. Grrrr.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Mary! Love the background, the bow and the pretty snowflakes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary, your card is stunning and the snowflakes are just gorgeous! I love it. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary your card is very classy in black and white with some lovely sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful Mary! I love the snowflakes and all there sparkle! The blue and white is so pretty together-just a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete