Followers

10/17/2012

Thanksgiving

Welcome blog hoppers to the 5th stop of the Oldies but Goodies blog hop. I want to share an Oldies But Goodies Stamp I purchased some years ago, when I first started into this hobby. I saw this stamp by The Artful Stamper, done in watercolor in one of our local stamp shops. When hunting for a stamp for the OBG blog hop, I thought of this stamp. OK, as usual, my image is colored with copics on Copic Xpress paper.The image was stamped with Versamark, then embossed with Ranger's Queen's Gold, prior to coloring.(use copics carefully on embossed images to avoid nib damage). I chose to use some blue-violet at the stalk of the punkin, because I thought it enhanced the oranges in the pumpkin.  Used Spellbinders Circle & scalloped circle to diecut the image and the mat. I chose the purple color for the scalloped mat, then sponged some Distress Ink Concord around the edges as I wanted to emphasize the violet shade in the image. The papers are snippets that I had used for other projects and were handy on the desk. I used an MS border punch on the center panel, again selecting one that might emphasize the curlicues on the pumpkin stem. Hope you enjoy this card, and as always, thanks for visiting. 
Here's the lineup for the Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop....
   5. Mary H  You are Here (http://carolinacardsbymaryh.blogspot.com/)
 
Enjoy the hop and kindly leave a word of love and encouragement for all the bloggers!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pumpkin the colouring is perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PRETTY! Mary, I'm really liking this card a lot! The pumpkin is colored to perfect and love the idea of adding the blue/violet on it. It really does make it look real!
    Beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coloring is absolutely beautiful and the touch of violet at the top accents the orange perfectly and the violet scallops help it to stand out while remaining subtle. The gold embossing give this card a very rich feeling. This is a very special card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Mary! That is a fabulous image!!!! Glad you decided to hop with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect fall card, I love the idea of embossing the image before coloring. That gold is perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin card is just beautiful, Mary! I love taking out an old stamp and using it still. That is why we keep them. Somethings never go out of style. Like this pumpkin beauty. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving that sweet comment ;) Your card is just lovely, very nicely colored, and you have a very sweet looking blog.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! LOVE the soft colors on the sketchy pumpkin. The purple frame really sets it off and makes it pop!

    So happy to be hopping through the DIVAs hop today. Sending smiles -
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful pumpkin with the colouring so well thought out. super card all round. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the touch of purple (-:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow I love this card Mary! It is stunning, that pumpkin stamp is just beautiful and I love how you put in the touch of purple-clever and so amazing on the pumpkin. I am just in awe at this card my friend!

    ReplyDelete