Followers

8/19/2013

Birthday

Howdy all, and welcome. Welcome also to my newest follower, Anjas.  If you're even remotely intrigued by these Dylusions sprays (_and_want to see some fantastic use of Ryn's stamps), take a few minutes to follow the link for some pure art enjoyment. You won't regret it.

Here's a tag card for this afternoon ...now remember, I am not really a 'tag person'. I was trying to work with inking an acrylic block, spritzing, to get some watercolor effects. Hence the tag. I didn't accomplish what I was trying to achieve. After stamping the spritzed block on the paper and not especially liking the results, then I put the swipes of color directly on a craft mat. Spritzed the inked mat..started dragging papers through the inky spots. Then got some tags and played with those for a while. Here's one of them. I don't ever know what to use tags for, as I don't do altered art, so I made a card.



- Inked mat with various DI colors: mowed lawn, scattered straw, barn red, spritzed. Dragged the manila tag (size #8 I think) around through the inks. After it dried well, I stamped it with Ranger Archival Black, using Stacy Stamps, Snapdragon 3102 AA.  Some of the stamping inside the blossoms didn't ink well, so I used a Copic Multiliner in black to redraw some lines. On further tags, I took to the stamp press to get a sharper image.

Stamped some branchy-stuff on the bottom using some Stampscape stamps, Archival Black. Felt that the flower needed something to ground it. The S.Scapes were reeds and a bare tree branch, which I thought worked pretty well as grasses. Memento did not seem to work well on this effort. When I use another of the tags made from this session, I think I shall distress the edges with some darker inks, maybe scuff up the edges a bit.

- trimmed bottom corners of the tag to make it fit better on a longer card. Embossed white mat with a Darice large dots EF, adhered a cotton ribbon, then popped up the tag on dimensionals. Matted tag was just adhered flat to the cardbase with tape. Added the SU teeny tiny sentiment to a similarly colored yellow snippet, diecut with a small S/B label die, used a side mount. Tied green & white pattern cotton ribbon in the tag hole, and it's done.

Even though I only have one tiny little snippet on this card (I'm being honest!), I think I shall nip over to Pixie's Playground for Week 86. There's a brand new & newly name snuggly little mascot, that you will just adore. Along with some fantabulous cards to enjoy. I took just a quick peek, and then I'll be back for more enjoyment later. Com'on along....it's lots a'fun.

Hope you like this share today. Come again for a visit when you have time. Have a wonderful afternoon. Hugs

Edit: Ooops, in looking at the enlargement of the card, I see that one of the green rhinestones had fallen off when I snapped the photo. Off I go to add another one. Drat it and I had used Glossy Accents on a toothpick on these to be sure they adhere. Sorry!

12 comments:

  1. To zakładka do książki? Fanie wyszła. Podoba mi się. Pozdrawiam cieplutko. Dorota 71

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a very pretty look. The dragged, inked and splodged background looks fabulous...soft and subtle but still interesting. The snapdragon stamp looks really good on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary. Really love how the colors worked out with the background. So pretty! Have tried the inking mat, spritzing with water and dragging once before, but need to do it again! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Mary! I love the image, flowers are just my thing! lol I also love the inks on the background. They are just so beautiful!! Tags look fabulous on cards Mary, so I'm glad that you used this one on a card!! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, thanks for sharing the details of your experimenting, I think your tag makes a fabulous card. Love the pretty colours and the image is perfect :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo, really pretty tag and a gorgeous card Mary. Beautiful colours too. Ages since I did the ink a block and spray thing - smackin' acetate seems to be another one to try. So much to do!

    Hugs, Di xx (and a cuddle from Parsnip - he's VERY soft and cuddly)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours on this Mary and the tag makes a perfect topper x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had any luck with the ink and spritz on the block! I just bought a mat so maybe I'll have better luck with that! This background turned out really well and I love the yellow flowers on it! This tag looks fantastic on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if my comment was posted or disappeared into blogland!

    Gorgeous tag Mary, lovely inking and stamping. I never know what I am supposed to do with tags after making them - I do love making them though so they usually end up on a card too - happy I'm not the only one. Thanks for the link too - stunning creations - I must push myself with my Rynn stamp and get very inky hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary, love your tag card ... a great way to use a tag. Much as I like them, I'm never too sure what to do with tags either, mostly I hang them up on the craft room wall. The colours on your tag are beautiful - fresh and summery - and the snapdragon stamp is gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary . . . I like your pretty and inky tag. Good idea to make it into a card. I often wonder what people use their highly decorated and wonderful tag creations for.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty Mary! I don't know where you get the time to type so much!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete