Followers

9/16/2013

Halloween

Hi, and I certainly hope you're not getting sick of Halloween cards! At our house, someone likes Halloween cards. I do too, but not as much as I like Fall & Christmas cards. Anyway, I saw a card on Pinterest pinned from kittiekraft.typepad.com . I had DH come see it, told him we had the dies to make this one. He was all for it. Now, Kitty does fantastic cards, and she has certainly inspired me on quite a few occasions. Sorry but I don't know how to show her beautiful card here, but at least I can give her the credit for the original look.

I didn't have the same papers, and I think she used Impressions Obsession Haunted Hill diecut (I did too), but it looks much different against the orange, white & black striped paper on her card.

Here's my take on Kitty's card: (and I hope I've done the acknowledging part properly!)


I used the IO Haunted Hill die, along with a MBox Tombstone die.(both cut from a snippet strip that was just right to use for both dies) Adhered the tombstones first, had to remove/reposition 2 stones that were behind the house. When I adhered the IO diecut over the 1st diecut, I used popdots to elevate it just a bit. I also added some bits behind the house windows and the punkin for the glowing windows & face.

Pulled apart a small piece of a cotton ball to get the fog for the tree, which is entangled in the branches. Moon is from a circle punch, EK Success bats added from snippets. Ghost is also an EK Success punch, 'nother snippet.

paper is from Authentique Thrilling Collection, 6x6 pack.

Sentiment is from a pack of Martha Stewart borders that I've had for a while. Came from Michael's I think.

OK, I've been MIA at the Snippets Playground for a while, since I couldn't get round to visit & comment. I think we might be back on track for a few days, so I'm going over to visit the Playground. First, there's some terrific cards. Also - some nifty prizes. So let's away...to Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground, Week 90. You won't be disappointed at what you see.

Thanks for visiting, and lots of cyber hugs. Come again when you can.

20 comments:

  1. Spooky!!! Wish I could get my DH into cards like yours is!

    I think it is great that he is able to enjoy this aspect (the dark, spooky side) of card making!

    That die is fabulous. Your sky is wonderfultoo!!!

    Off to check out the inpiration card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that your hubby has so much fun right along with you! Your card is eerily wonderful! Gotta love Halloween cards...they're so much fun to create. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific Halloween card Mary - it gave me the shivers here :) Such a clever design and the cotton wool wisps are a fab finishing touch!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Halloween card, I love the scene
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your Halloween card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never tire of seeing your Halloween creations Mary and well done to your hubby for getting involved too! Love this fabulous creation! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Kitty is very talented!!! Gosh her cards are just amazing!! I love your take on her Halloween card! This is such a cool die and I love the spooky scene it creates! You and Joe make a great team with these Halloween cards. I love the cotton for the fog and I love that background paper you used! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a clever card! Love the layers & the fog - brilliant! Off to check out your inspiration
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card. I like Halloween cards, but I don't have many people to send them too. Fall/Autumn is a favorite of mine too. You did a great job. I like the color in the windows and the little pumpkin....Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant Halloween card, love the scene, the die is fabulous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I follow and subscribe to Kitty too - she makes some of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Yours is a realy beauty too Mary - I love that halloween seen, so very clever hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geat card-and that fog is fabby!
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we're all well aware of Kitty's exceptional work, but you're really giving her some serious competition with this card! I love all those special details, like the lights in the pumpkin and the ghost in the sky! This is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is spookily cute! Or cutely spooky lol! I love the lit windows and the smily pumpkin, what a great idea!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a spooky scene! A delightful Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha Ha!! I finally found a wonderful Halloween card - praise be!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Halloween scene - especially the fog - sooooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mary, your Halloween Hill looks great with the MB tombstone in the background. What a fun and spooky card. Thanks for linking my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card - love the graveyard seen - very spooky :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete