Followers

11/14/2013

Memory Box Grand Gothic Window

Good morning & Brrrrr! We had our coldest night to date, and were thankful to have our heat back on after it was turned off by some fellas doing work in our attic yesterday. It's a cold day outside (low 40's - but very sunny). The window installers are finishing up the window job and should be done soon...they are doing the caulking, wrapping & sealing efforts.

A warm welcome to 2 new followers: Karen Petit(http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/) and Gibmis (http://colledgeangel.blogspot.com/)/. Please do take an opportunity to pay these lovely bloggers a visit and enjoy some talent. And thanks, ladies for joining me.

We had a gorgeous sunset on Tuesday evening. I was able to get a picture of it to share.

Aren't these colors absolutely stunning? It took our breath away to just stand on the deck and enjoy this display. As you can see, some of our neighbors' trees still have leaves, but are losing more day by day. Especially that night as there was a strong biting wind.

Here's today's card:


- Memory Box Grand Gothic Window cut from navy blue (darker than it photographed). Background is scrap paper from the airbrush table. This is paper from a large desk calendar that was placed on the desk to protect it from the sprays. (a snippet cut from a heavily sprayed bit of the scrap paper) I thought the colors were pretty, like a stained glass window. Probably should have ironed the paper before I adhered it to the window frame, as it is a bit wrinkled looking.

- Darice woodgrain EF inked with Memento Rich Cocoa and then lightly smoothed Hero Arts Wet Cement Shadow ink over the Memento just in places - not over the entire folder. Using the 2 colors gave a nice variation IRL on the wood texture. Loosely woven ribbon was a 50% item from Hobby Lobby.

- Penny Black die for the sentiment, which came from the same snippet as the window background.

Think I'll quickly dash over to Pixie's Crafty Snippet Playground, where it's week 98, loads of gorgeous cards to inspire and additionally a Wow prize too! Won't you join us?

It's going to be another busy busy here, but I hope to get back to the pc to do some visiting of those who have been here to browse around the last 2 days. Ya'll stay warm & cozy, and as always, thanks so much for popping in here. Hugs from me to you.

15 comments:

  1. Really beautiful Mary! In real life, older stained glass often looks a bit rippled as the light hits it from different angles too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Mary. I think I will have to invest a window die but I have spent so much money lately! Gorgeous sunset in your pic. It is turning very cold here too, and snow is forecast next week. Brrrr! Cristine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous photo!!! WOW! I just love it when the sky looks like this and you've captured it perfectly.

    Beautiful card too! Love that window die and the background in it is so pretty. No ironing needed! Love the sentiment too.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty window, Mary, with some wonderful colors. I need to get an airbrush system.

    Your sunset was absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing that, too.

    Good luck on getting that work done at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary it does look like a stained window. Very pretty effect. Love the way the Peace sentiment came out also. I hope your windows get done today. It was 28 this morning when I first got up but it is suppose to go up to the low 50's. We'll see if it gets there. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunset Mary. I love your card, I've never seen this die , but it's certainly made a fabulous card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi honey!

    Read my blog tomorrow for more info.about the MB tree background before deciding. I adore it but there are other ways to skin a cat and pros and cons.

    Off to bed here as I have some respite from the pain at last so am going to try and sleep XZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZONK :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Mary and I love that die! It's so going on my wish list!
    hugs, Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card , I love that window die and your scrap paper makes a perfect stained glass effect.
    Fabulous sunset photo too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the things going on here on your card. The stained glass windows and embossing look amazing - but not nearly as amazing as that breathtaking sunset! Wow!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Mary
    Fabulous Die.... Makes a stunning card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Mary! And oh my goodness, what a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an incredible job with the gothic window card, Mary! And your sunset doesn't even look real, it is phenomenal! How lucky you are to have seen that one! TFS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. So look slike a church stained lglass window! Beautiful! I love the woodgrain papaer and the fact that the \pEACE sentiment is inked as well

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Momma Mary, that sunset picture is just stunning and so beautiful! Your card is stunning and beautiful too. I love that window die cut is so pretty, I love the airbrushed background as well as the embossed wood card base. It looks like you have some kind of lacy ribbon under the window too, love that! I hope those nice new windows keep you very warm and toasty this winter!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete