Followers

12/08/2013

Silent Night Christmas

Welcome to my world on a quiet Sunday morning. Hope that the weather where you are is not dreadful, and that you have electrical power. I'm back with another scheduled post.

Here's a card that was fairly easy to make. The idea started with the stamp.


- Inkadinkadoo ornament stamp, inked with Versamark, heat embossed with Ranger Queen's Gold (still my favorite of all the gold EP). Die cut with a S/B circle. This is my 3rd attempt on this embossing, as I kept getting specks of powder that wouldn't brush off without damaging the image (you'll know what I mean if this has ever happened with you). I'd use a brush to flick off the excess, I had used the Embossing Buddy, blown & huffed, then would think "Oh, this will be ok". Used the heat gun, and no, after looking at the result, I'd cut & stamp another one. The c/s is a pearlized white c/s snippet.

- Card base is also pearlized white but a different shade from the ornament snippet. I inked the Sizzix embossing folder with Delicata Gold before running through the Big Shot. Sorry I can't provide the specific name on this folder. When I removed the folders from the packing materials, I embossed a piece of GP white C/S for each folder, writing the mfgr & name on the folder. This piece of C/S is somewhere in the mess on my desk or at the cutting area. The Sizzix name is on the plastic though. I may have to take a black marker & write down all the names on the plastic instead of my white samples that are meant to stay inside the plastic. I keep all the folders in a storage box, trying to have these arranged sort of by subject. I keep the holiday folders in a separate box so I don't have to hunt through these when I want a folder. I need to devise a more accurate filing system too, rather than florals, leaves-trees, etc.

- gold gauze ribbon and a Britannia die sentiment snippet (Joanna Sheen) - Thanks Mrs. A for telling me where to find these dies!

Have a happy Sunday, and I hope you're doing something relaxing & enjoyable today. Hugs from me to you, and come again soon.

Edit: This was a scheduled post, but now that's it has gone 'live', I'm going to zip right over to the Pixie's Crafty Snippet Playground for week 102 to link up. I really missed playing in the 100th week anniversary so I want to try to make up for that. My snippets were the ornament paper & the gold sentiment which came from the Mbossibility Reindeer card on the previous post. So off I go, and my plan for today, will be visiting some lovely blogs and trying to get a couple more cards done. Yesterday we did some much needed house chores. Still haven't done any Christmas decorating to speak of. We'll be away, but I do like to have some festive things about, especially our nativity, which is as old as our daughter. Hugs again.

34 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, this is stunning. I love everything about it. I do know what you mean about getting all the powder off. I've spend many hours trying to fix that problem or make something to cover it up with. LOL It is cold and dreary today but starting tonight we are expecting a snow/ice storm. Not too bad, but enough to cause trouble Monday morning they say. I'll just stay in and make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect Christmas card...love the beautiful image. And, the gold embossing is super. I know what you mean about specks. I use baby wipes to wipe my card before I start and that seems to help. Of course, they usually dry out before I use the whole container. But, it does a decent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I thought the circle was ceramic when I first looked at it. What a wonderful card! The gold embossing just shows it off so well and that ribbon is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! This is absolutely stunning!! So gorgeous! Love the embossed frame, image, sentiment......everything! Awesome!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So regal! I love the embossed frame and the stamped image is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning Christmas card Mary love that image, it's really cold here today! hope its not bad where you are lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Mary. I might get the Christmas tree up tomorrow and start my decorations too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Mary, the embossing looks lovely. The weather here today has been very grey but not too cold so we can't really complain. Hope you are well x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Mary. I know what you mean about the stray flecks, it can be very irritating. I use talc in an old pop sock but it still happens. I have thought about trying Brilliance as they do some good metallic inks, and you can use clear EP over the top if you want, but I don't know if they give such a bright metallic finish as gold EP. Anyway I love the finish of this card and the embossing folder highlights the topper beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary this is such a beautiful card. It is a great stamped image and I love the embossed frame.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The image is so beautiful!! I love the embossing!! Elegant and stunning card!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love this! The image and the design are so perfect for Christmas!
    I also like that it would be easy to mail!!! This time of year gets a little crasy with postage rates as they are.
    I like Patès idea above...I am going to try this idea as I always get the spare flecks...think that is why ùi hardly ever emboss although I just love the look of it.
    Bit late popping round visiting as I am in the midst of decorating. Kitchen, bathrooms, family room, mantle, naticity and village are done...Phew!!!
    I am about 75% finished the tree...I have hung one dining room table full and now have covered the table with baubles again and am about half way through that. I have a fake tree and so I like it loaded with ornaments. I have used the same theme since the year before the accident...5 years now.But next year I am going to change it up and go a bit more shabby chic mixed with silver glam.

    As I pack up the tree, I will save the ornaments that are going to get liberall anounts of german glass glitter to help the metamophosis! Should be messy but fun...

    Ctrafty hugs
    Maureen
    pe all is well with you and your family.
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Mary, this is my favorite of your cards I think! And I know what you mean about embossing. Sometimes nothing will keep the specks away. But they aren't apparent in this photo so you must have mastered it. The embossed border is gorgeous too! And thanks for the heads up about my win at the Playground. I was late getting to the computer today and was so excited when I read your comment! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is beautiful Mary, so elegant and clean. I love that folder and the stamp too, they're perfect together. Thanks for the EP tip, my gold EP embossed ok, but I stamped my sentiment a bit wonky, that was the problem! I'm going to have to rectify that!

    Hugs from a cold Michigan
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! another gorgeous, elegant card, Mary! I need to come craft with YOU! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so elegant and pretty!! I love the embossing and gold ribbon, and especially the image and sentiment placement! Gorgeous work Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Christmas card Mary, I love the image and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card - that stamp is gorgeous and you have used it to perfection.
    Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog.
    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So elegant, Mary. The perfect Christmas card.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Momma Mary, this card is stunning!! I so love that stamp-the true meaning of Christmas, so perfect! That embossing folder is beautiful too, love how the stamp fits right in there. Love that ribbon you used and of course love your sentiment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty Mary, love all of the gorgeous embossing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh Mary this really truly special in every way, reminds us what a great gift God has given us in His dear Son .. anyone would be thrilled to receive this!
    .. just love how you coloured it so subtly, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really stunning Mary and worth all the hard work. The britania die is looking good too. Do I spot pearls making up the dots on the i's? Brill idea if you have. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous and elegant card Mary. Love the embossing and gold. Have a great week, Shirleyx ps..thx for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary! Gorgeous gold embossing! We all know about those little specks… I would do over too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really lovely card here Mary.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous embossing, yep I understand what you mean about the specks from EP and I think it's the powders that do that to us. It's not a problem I have had since starting using WOW EP. I have gone back to try out my other powders and I get specks - so will be adding more WOW's to my suppplies when I can xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and elegant Mary. Love the gold and white. Your partial embossing is so pretty and the flat in the middle brings the eye to the gorgeous ornament image. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really gorgeous card Mary - very classy as we Brits would say dahling :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I am in awe! This card is absolutely stunning Mary! Just makes my heart smile. =)
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  31. oooh, this is gorgeous! classy, elegant and a beautiful CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Mary,
    what a very super card. Love the design in the bauble, and the embossing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a beautiful Christmas card - It is simple and very, very elegant!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  34. I didn't realize the main image was an ornament until you pointed it out and then I felt silly for not noticing. I really like the embossing folder you used as it follows the swirls and the elegance of your card. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete