Followers

8/04/2015

HLS August Challenge - Sparkle

Hello and it's once again time for the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge for August, and the theme is Sparkle. Let's be off to the card:


- Impression Obsession image (H10014), stamped on Copic Xpress cardstock, colored with copics, WoS, and Sakura Stardust on the lacey parts. Stardust stickles over her wings, then added some Glossy Accents on wings, halo, horn and her tiny shoes.



Here's some close up views that if you enlarge, I hope will show how nicely the Ritz glitter sparkles - and the Glossy Accents on the sentiment & other areas, shows up quite pretty too. 

- MicroRitz glitters over Sookwang (double side sticky paper)  using a Jenni Bowlin Pointed Star plastic stencil (more on that stencil in a bit). Used Versamark* to generously coat the backside of the stencil for easy release, then burnished it down very well, and dumped Glitter Ritz Stardust for the first coat. Cleaned off excess, then burnished again - to bring up the stars. Repeated the same process with Deep Purple for the dark sky. The places where there is more silver showing, is because the silver glitter got under the stencil, but I liked the effects, so didn't re-do it.

- PBlack sentiment - cut from a previous effort that didn't work too well. Tried different colors for the Peace, but my eye didn't like the look. Decided to use a boo-boo piece to cut the sentiment, and liked this much better.

- Silver mirror c/s for skinny mat, then a dark blue cardbase.

*There is a coconut soap for use with BRASS/Metal stencils, and I thought to try it with the plastic stencil. Worked ok for the glitter process, but when it was release time, that did NOT work well at all. The paper tore. Found out that very likely this soap should not be used with plastic stencils, only Brass. Just FYI. Anyway, the sentiment was cut from that torn piece, so at least my learning process was not totally wasted!

Remember that the August Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge is open for the month. I hope you'll have a chance to get another card ready for your Christmas stash, and come join in the fun. In the meantime, thanks for your visit, have a wonderful day, and Big Hugs.





41 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Mary, love the image and all the glitter, brilliant card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful..
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Mary and I love all the sparkle. Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary!
    I absolutely adore your darling card and maybe it's my recent traveling, I'm not sure but your card looks very Russian to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That´s a very modern little angel. She´s rather sweet. You have posted so many new cards just lately. The beautiful butterfly, quirky birds and all the others, you sure have been busy. As usual it is taking me a while to find my mojo after my holiday, and this incessant heat isn´t helping. But tonight I am having a catch-up, visiting as many folk as I can before I attempt to make anything else. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card Mary-and a beautiful image :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous glittery creation Mary....and a great save! Love your background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really gorgeous Mary. LOVE your sweet angel. That glittery background is the STAR though (no pun intended). Love how you've used two colours of glitter to make this. I like the large patches as well as it gives a wonderful background to show off your beautiful die-cut sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderfully glittery Mary and such a cute angel too and I really love that blue background with the stars. A beautiful card! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. First fav is blue then angels are a favorite also This is a winner.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Mary!! I love the pretty angle!! The sparkle looks amazing!! What a stunning card this is!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Mary - love all that glitter - even if some of it was not supposed to be there, I would not have known if you had not mentioned it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so LOVE this card, Mary. The angel is just stunning and all that glitter and sparkle..... wow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card has a fabulous amount of sparkle!! Love the rich blue very much and the peace die cut is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super sparkly card Mary and a really sweet , very different, angel. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab card.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW - I love the look. That stencil rocks - what great stars. And I never would have known all that silver was a mistake - I thought you intentionally made clouds! :) Great when mishaps work for you. Really a wonderful Christmas card. Love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous, glittery creation Mary, a lovely technique too, thanks for sharing it with us.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your beautiful little angle and all the sparkling stars, Mary!!! Such a lovely card!!!
    Have a great day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a pretty card Mary, a sweet image and lovely blues.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this adorable angel and all that sparkle, Mary! Thanks for sharing you tip. It's always helpful to see that a recommendation doesn't always work for all things.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Mary! Love the sweet little angel.
    ta ta for now, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Mary! Love the sweet little angel.
    ta ta for now, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute little angel and your entire card came out lovely. I really need to get started on Christmas cards myself. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the sparkle, love the image and love your whole design.xx{aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful card Mary! I looks like folk art.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is wonderful mary - super sparkly and what a wonderful image. i love it. followed ypur link to the bleeding tissue technique but not played properly yet ... soon! big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  28. She is so beautiful floating above the sparkly cloud and spreading her acclamation of PEACE. Wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet...just love your beautiful angel! And what a wonderful background too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a sweet angel! Love the sparkly background - thanks for explaining how you did it, and especially thanks for the tip about coating a plastic stencil with Versamark. I have the coconut soap which I use with my brass stencils and was going to use it with my plastic stencils too - glad to hear about your experience before I tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mary, this card is absolutely stunning with all of that sparkle on it!! Love the pretty blues and the shimmer of silver goes perfectly with it! :) thanks for dropping in to see my card!! I will have a video coming about the masking technique I've done soon, so I hope you'll stop by again for that! (I've actually had several people ask about it! ) Have a great day!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a lovely festive card design Mary, I love the colour and the cute angel, it's perfect, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh! Mary this is fabulous, LOVE the sparkly sparkle, the blue paper is a perfect foil for the image.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello again Mary, gorgeous Christmas card, I love the blue and silver theme and the image is beautiful, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous Christmas card Mary, love the blue and silver with your gorgeous image ...
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your dazzling card with all of the sparkle and glitz! She's such a pretty angel floating around on her beautiful clouds bringing peace to the world! I love that blue background - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This card caught my attention immediately with it's glitter and shine, wonderful blue colors and the design of the angel. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shimmery and so sparkly, Mary ... a perfect stage for that cute angel image! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love angels and I know that there are among us and helping us. Maybe because your card has caused so wide smile on my face ... wonderful card
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful Angel and love all the sparkle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete