Some exciting things are going on over at Happy Little Stampers. Kylie is announcing the First Release of some very versatile new stamps. The sets are being premiered over at the HLS Blog. When you leave here today, why not pop over, check out the very simple rules for the contest, and see these new stamps. They are the kind of images we can all use in our stash for occasions, and it would be so fun to participate and perhaps win these new stamps! (I have a couple of sets on the way to my door, just FYI). Kylie ships internationally. Keep in mind that the Australian currency is a bit different from other countries. I paid for my sets via Paypal, and was delightfully surprised (and pleased!) when I saw how much less than I expected...the final price would be.
Now putting on my DeeDee's Hat: Today's card is a Sympathy card - but made for the loss of a pet. DD had to have her oldest greyhound put down in late June, just before she came up for my birthday. It was very hard to let go, and I didn't want to send a card immediately. Hopefully, the loss has had a chance to ease just a bit, so a card seemed timely. Found this easy-to-use DeeDee's Digi- and knew it would work for what I wanted. For a change, I didn't use a precolored image from the set, but the line art.
- Heart & paws digi was colored with Copics, a gold pen on the heart, a warm gray in the center. WoS was added over the gold.The sentiment is from the DeeDee's Digi set, and was simply hand cut.
- Lil Inker Rainbow & Clouds to die cut the rainbow from white snippet, then colored with Copics. Two coats of WoS created some pretty glimmer.
- an old wooden Japanese scene was partially inked to stamp just the bridge; colored with copics. This little scene was diecut with a MBox Cross Stitched Framed Borders.
- Impression Obsession Dog Set (DIE 170-R) for the 2 dogs...neither of which looks like a greyhound unfortunately. Various Copics from the E family colored white snippets to resemble Ossie. The standing dog is 3 layers to create dimension. Debated on adding grounding to each dog, but decided against that just because of the theme of the Rainbow Bridge.
- Background was created with airbrushing copics in light blue violet, violet (from the red/pink RV family) Blues (B family). Then going back to streak this surface with light shades from the YR & Y families of Copic to add some light, sunshine in the sky.
On the inside will go a copy of the poem "Meet at the Rainbow Bridge". I think any of us who have lost a beloved pet, understand the comfort of knowing that our friends are waiting for us at this Bridge.
In the meantime, ya'll have a wonderful Wednesday & thanks for taking time to visit. Big Hugs.