Followers

7/18/2016

Spectrum Noir Acqua Pens with WPlus9 Dahlia

Happy Monday evening Peeps. Hope you had a marvelous day to start the week. Let's start with adding a blog link for one of my new followers:

 
DeeDee was the owner of DeeDee's Digis - and when her shop closed, her old blog disappeared. I thought when I saw the name it was she, but emailed to ask since I couldn't get to the old link I had for her blog. So if you have time, pop over to say hello and enjoy DeeDee's work. You'll enjoy it!!!
 
Some more UFO-s are getting on a card. Photo'd today's card, then when I saw the picture, the camera caught some things my eyes missed.
 
 
 
 
- WPlus9 Beautiful Bouquet Dahlia heat embossed with Queen's Gold. Decided to hunt up the Spectrum Noir Acqua pens I've had for a while, and do a little watercoloring. The pens did not feel 'good' in my hands (remember I'm used to the softer brush nib of a copic), but I was not able to blend the w/c of the Acquas as easily as with the Zig. (again, this is a lot of operator difficulty, probably not the pens per se. Just sayin'). I was ok with the vivid colors & fussy cut to place the leaves and buds where I wanted on the oval. Oval was left over cut out layer from another project. Think the piece had been colored using some brusho-s and Golden Sands Infusion - which is a product similar to brusho, just more in the earth tones than the brushos.
 
- S/B Shapeability Lace Doily Motif  (an oldie die) cut the mat from a 6x6 dp pack...cut the sentiment from a smaller motif in the S/B set. Cut a top layer from white, trimmed it to fit so that the sentiment could be stamped. Distressed with DI Tea Dye to soften the white.
 
- card front from a 6x6 pack of textured paper - this is a rough paper, that has threads in it. Thought  the edge had trimmed nicely, but the photo showed some 'fuzz' in places along the edge. (my eye didn't catch it..but the camera certainly did). In the bottom right corner, there was a white mark (as from a white pencil,...so not sure if this was an imperfection in the paper). Anyway, this glared in the photo. Took the very sharp Cutter Bee scissors to do a little hair cut, and then used Tea Die to sponge around the corners, and cover up the white mark.
 
One more UFO done!! One in the 'any occasion' stash too. Nothing fancy, but I do like this image. Have another one colored with copics that I like much better. I've seen lots of beautiful work done with the Spectrum Noirs - both the alcohol markers and the acquas. The nib just does not feel comfortable to my hand, and I don't blend well with either of these types of markers. Anybody else want to share their thoughts on these markers? I'm pretty sure it is _just me_!!!
 
Oh yeah, the carpenter is s'posed to show tomorrow to remove the doors in the to-be tiled areas. Because of the different depth of a ceramic tile versus the vinyl we had in the rooms being retiled, the doors, shoe molding have to be removed, probably adjust the door bottoms. DH has promised to repaint the doors while off the hinges. The contractor came by late this evening. We had not turned on any of the new plumbing, but he did. Found a slight problem, so I'm happy he discovered it!!! Slowly, slowly. He apologized again for our long wait and thanked us for our patience. (I hope his fee will reflect that patience thanks!!!)
 
Thanks for popping by this evening. Will try to share some more UFO's. I'm trying hard to keep up with my visitor comments, so when I don't attend to that promptly, I'll wait to post a card.
 
Hugs. Stay Cool.
 
 
 


34 comments:

  1. This is simply a great card. I love the doily background and the bold flowers. Beautifully coloured. Sounds like typical crap you have to deal with regarding renovations. I bet you will sit back with a big glass of wine when this is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Mary! I had to giggle when you said "nothing fancy" about this card, because to me, pulling out the dies and adding embossing, etc. is definitely fancy. ;-) Glad you were able to add to your stash, and thanks so much for sharing it with us. Thanks for the shout-out, too, about my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Mary - the doily backing on both the sentiment and the posy makes for a lovely accent.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image Mary so beautifully coloured,loving your background...good to have a stash of cards for all occasions.....basking in heat and sunshine for the First tme this summer....wow it's wonderful.....set to last 3 days....well it is England! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Mary, such a beautiful flowers.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Mary. Lovely blooms that look so pretty with the doily. Love the texture of that card front with the grid. Nothing fancy looks pretty fancy to me. :)

    Glad your contractor realized testing was needed for the plumbing and that he will get it fixed. Renovations are a test of patience to say the least. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Dahlias Mary, great colouring, hope we have the same when they come into bloom here. Love the die and the shape you have achieved with it. So funny that you could see "white" and covered it in tea dye, - clever!

    Agree about the fee, he should have finished weeks ago! tell him to half his fee, I know, some hope!

    Have a great week
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. on't think it is the operator, but the pens; I never had one good try from those, but with the zigs it is so easy!
    Love the colours and flowers though... Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just popping in to say, pretty card Mary . . . can't stop, catch up soon! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Mary and love the colours and that flower stamp and your colouring is so pretty and the doily die is a great background for it. I don't have any Spectrum Noir pens, I only have their pencils which I am happy with. I have just bought a few aqua pens made by Lyra which I haven't used on any cards yet, and they have a brush and solid nib. Up to now I have used my inks with a waterbrush and occasionally proper watercolour so I will see how I get on with the pens. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Mary!! The flowers are fabulous!! You colored them perfectly!! I love the background dies you used, too!! Absolutely beautiful my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so good to keep up with comments, Mary! I more often succumb to the lure of the studio instead of the computer. Your card is beautiful and if I colored as well as you with Copics, I wouldn't try anything else! Although I don't see any problems with these markers. Your flowers are beautiful and so pretty on those doilies! Hope you are staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really very beautiful Mary!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Mary.

    Hope everything is soon finished, so you can sit back and enjoy your lovely home.

    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Mary! So beautifully colored. Love that doily in the background. Very pretty! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card, Mary. This is my 3rd time trying to comment - problems!! I use SN markers. For me, price was the determining factor. Hope your renos go well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely wth these flowers and the oval with the gorgous frame!!
    I haven't watercolour markers. Your colouring has come out so pretty! Love the background, too!
    Be patient with your house, keep calm and craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so so pretty Mary! Love that lacy border!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the fabulous floral stamp and your lovely colour choice, nice die too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this beautiful image Mary, what gorgeous colours you have used. beautiful doily background.
    Bet you`ll be so happy when your work is complete!
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You really have coloured those dahlias beautifully Mary and I love the beautiful doily like die in the background, it really enhances the beautiful florals!

    So pleased the plumber did a 'test' and found the problem before you did! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not only is your coloring just beautiful but so is your layout! Love the lacy layers behind your main image, Mary! What gorgeous summer colors too! Sure wish they'd come back with that gorgeous Queen's Gold EP too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So gorgeous...your dahlia's are so beautiful and they look amazing against that stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your beautiful dahlia's, Mary - I think you did great with the colouring!!! And the delicate doily behind it is just sooooo wonderful and the bg papers is lovely - love the subtle sponging on the edges!!!! A beautiful card that is fit for so many occasions, my friend!!! Just great!!!!
    Happy for you that things have been sorted out with the plumbing and hoping that all work will be done very shortly!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh love those flowers and your colouring is great hun no problems there.love how you have added the doily all comes together beautifully hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is sooo beautiful Mary I love the beautifullt coloured image and great die-cut frame
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty Mary. I love the beautiful die cuts and image, and you colored the image beautifully.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely coloring job. I do like those lacey background bits.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well Momma Mary, I'm not seeing any of the things you said that the camera picked up! I just see a beautiful card!!! I am loving the beautiful image you have watercolored. I have never worked with the SN Acqua pens, but I do like the SN's alcohol pens. But....I've never used a Copic either! There are times I think I would really love the Copic nips better, but since I've never used them, I'm ok with the nibs on the SN's. I love, love, love the Zigs as well. I guess it is what you get used too, eh? But you used the Acqua's well and I love how your image colored up. The background die is awesome, love the oval on top of it! I think you have a winner with this one!!! Oh my, I am glad that the contractor found the problem too and like you I hope that his bill reflects that patience that you guys have had! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've only got experience of using promarkers, so I can't really compare to anything. I even don't have distress inks, only the DI pads, so I use them for coloring too using a brush and water. I do want to try some new brands, so interesting too learn about others experiences. Even though the pens didn't feel right for you there's nothing to say but positive things about the result.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks beautiful Mary and I love the colouring.

    thanks for the link to the lady who listed all the digital pages. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your colouring is so pretty on this card, Mary. I like the colours you chose for this pretty card.

    Your renovations sound like the way it is here too. It is hard to get good workmen and then they fiddle you about with waiting here too!

    When it is all done, that memory will fade and the joy of your new renos will take over!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good for you for focusing on your UFO's. I know it sure is a good feeling to polish off a couple from the UFO pile.

    You have done a lovely job on this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete