Followers

11/29/2017

Spiral Christmas Tree for Rudolph Day

Waay Haay! Finally, have a simple card ready in time for Rudy Day. In case you don't know about Rudolph Day, it's hosted by the very fabulous Scrappymoi (Maureen), is open every month from the 25th to the end of the month, and the only rule is that the card have a Christmas theme. Pretty simple, yes?

Have been playing with some products, making a few backgrounds if I had a little time and was in the mood. So today's card is the product of those efforts. Found a Sizzix 3D EF at the local Hobby Lobby, had a coupon, and well, you just couldn't not buy one, right?

 
 
Background made from sponging DOX in blues and lavenders, with some iced spruce to tone down the colors just a tad. Sprayed some pearlized water over this and dried overnight. (A tip: Do the embossing and _then_ spray with the pearlized stuff...; tried that next time and that seemed to work better for me)
One caution on these Sizzix 3D embossing folders: Check the sandwich with _your_ machine, as it would be easy to break the machine. After a few efforts and the machine felt 'too tight', I just opened  the tabs on the multi-purpose platform, put the EF down with no bottom plate; added a shim from some saved die backing (like you get the S/Binders dies on), added the top cutting plate. It rolled through with no forcing and I still got a nice impression. It was not the sandwich suggested on the Sizzix package.
 
Impression Obsession Swirl Tree die cut from another play piece made from Ken Oliver Mineral Burst, colorburst crystals and pearl spray.
 
Sentiment from an Echo Park word set, cut from the same tree paper... used some snippets from other spray pieces to make 2 more layers to add dimension. Added Glossy Accents after this was adhered, then sprinkled some white glitter over the wet. It's quite bling-y after drying. Did the same on the star as well.
 
Very simple to do with pieces handy. So now I'm off to join some lovely folks over at November's Rudolph Day Challenge.
 
Didn't include links to products used, but if you are interested, will happily try to provide the info.
Thanks for joining me, and have a wonderful blessed day! Hugs
 
 
 

37 comments:

  1. Hi Mary what a wonderful card, I love it, gorgeous colours and embossed background and the tree is fabulous love everything about it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very fabulous card and the colour and glitz is so retty.
    Love everything about this glorious card.
    Thanks for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card-the colours are so fetching and bring the idea of peace to me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are beautiful. I love the effect of them and the tree is gorgeous. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Mary, such a pretty embossing folder and lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gorgeous colour tones in this card Mary and the fabulous texture on the embossing. I'm feeling much better now thanks.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really beautiful card Mary. I love the colours and the embossing folder is perfect. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous modern card Mary. I love the non traditional colours you've used and I must look for that tree, what a useful die.

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Mary, love the background colours, a super tree too. The Merry looks very glittery.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Mary...fantastic background....the colours are wonderful...that’s a great tree! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the colours you have used Mary and the embossed background is really pretty. The oxide inks have blended together beautifully and the bright bluey green brusho tree looks great over the top, and with the coordinating sentiment is just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love that gorgeous oxide background you created, the colour is wonderful and the Christmas tree is so quirky - love your card Mary! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pretty colours you used for the embossed background. and the swirly tree is fun. A lovely card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great effect of your tree with these lovely colors and the embossed background! Fabulous card! Thanks for the tip on the sandwich with the Sizzix EF! :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the texture!! The tree is fabulous!! Stunning, Mary!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors on this card are just dreamy and I love the embossed background too! Good deal on the ef, because it's awesome! Love that tree and every detail on this pretty card! Glad you found time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colours Mary, love everything about this card..xx[aNNie]🎄

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful, Mary! I love the amazing colors and fun textures. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing your newsy, sweet email about what’s happening in your beautiful part of the world, XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Mary. I am in love with that tree die! Your oxide blending is beautiful. This is a spectacular card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, MAry. So glad to see you back at Rudolph dAys. You have been thru so much this year!

    The background is so pretty...will remember your tip about the embossing step before the pearlescent spray.

    That is such a modern looking tree die and it looks fab. You have reminded me that i think I have a similar small sizzix one that i have never used. I have been on a journey to use nbus on every card this year and it has been fun.
    Don;t think I will make the same pledge for 2018, as it limited creativity at times...but will continue to try to use it!!!

    Hugs my friend. So good to see you here.

    mas one into my challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a stunning card Mary, the colors are beautiful together an like the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the colours of your blended and sprayed background Mary. Gorgeous with the dry embossed snowflakes. Love the swirly tree and the sparkle on the Merry and star with your added glitter. LOVE this design! Every element just shines on this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mary, Loving this card. the colour is fab.

    Hope you have a nice day. Snowing here. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. These colours are really eye catching and I love them. Great texture on the background and the die cut tree is contemporary and fun x Thank you for the tips in your post x Meant to say ....Love your blog header too, so colourful and cheery x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful background, Mary! Love that swirly tree and the sparkly Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful. I love all the wonderful colors and texture on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your merry and modern Christmas card design, Mary! Can't believe it's the last Rudy day and that Christmas is UPON us!! I have over 200 made, thank goodness, but I should be getting on those insides/signing! I don't think my friends would like getting blank cards, haha! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful card, love the background embossing/colors and the beautiful tree!
    Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is SO pretty, Mary and I just love your nontraditional Christmas colors! Love all the texture and the wonky tree. This is so unique and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is stunning, Mary! I love the colours you've chosen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a pretty Christmas card, and I love the beautiful colors! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We went to Florida to spend the holiday with family. I was busy, busy, busy before we left making Christmas gifts to take down when we went.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the colours Mary, especially the background.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning holiday tree...love the gorgeous look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a beautiful card.
    I love the sparkle and the texture to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pretty Rudy Day card, love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Simply stunning and sorry for my belated comment, thanks for joining us at Rudolph's Day Challenge for November, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete